What is MND/ALS?


What is MND/ALS?
MND/ALS is characterised by progressive degeneration of the motor nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The motor cells (neurones) control the muscles that enable us to move around, speak, breathe, and swallow. With no nerves to activate them, muscles gradually weaken and waste. Symptoms may include muscle weakness and paralysis, as well as impaired speaking, swallowing, and breathing. In most cases, it does not affect intellect, memory or the senses. Progress is relentless and generally rapid, with a life expectancy of between 2 and 5 years from the onset of symptoms. There is no known cause and there is no known cure. See links on the right for further information.

Monday 28 March 2016

Losses & Gains

Losses. 

That is essentially what the progression of Motor Neurone Disease is about. You can either let these losses take over your life and sink into an abyss of self pity & depression or you can take it on the chin and try to be one step ahead of the disease by adapting. 

The battle with MND is one that cannot yet be won but the best weapons to put up a good fight is the power of a positive mind, and a sense of humour! Despite all the losses MND has brought to my life I refuse to let it get me down or dwell on those losses. 

There are other positive influences on my day to day life, namely my love of music and two adorable cats who offer cuddles and companionship 24/7. I am convinced they possess a sense that makes them aware that I am ill. Also a wonderfully supportive family, some amazing friends and a fantastic multidisciplinary care team complete my support system.  

All of these positive influences on my life make it easier for me to adapt and get through each day, so I am thankful. I know that this is a battle that I will not win but I am grateful to have you all in my army.

#MNDWarrior 
#MNDArmy



3 comments:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with MND ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) when he was 69 years old 6 years ago. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help him. The medical team did even less. His decline was rapid and devastating. The psychological support from the medical center was non-existent and if it were not for totalcureherbsfoundation. com and the sensitive cure of their herbal formula he would have been not been alive today,there was significant improvement in the first 4 weeks of usage that gave us hope that he will be alive,His doctor put him on riluzole, letting us know there was no cure until we gave try on total cure herbal supplement that cure him totally form this disease after 15 weeks of his usage.there is nothing positive about cure ALS condition except for their herbal treatment .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom ALS started out with a foot drop on her left foot. From there her left leg lost all muscle tone and all the entire left leg muscles were almost gone. Also her fingers and thumbs "contract" at times. Left arm is losing muscle tone too,she have been suffering from amyotrophic laterals sclerosis (ALS) disease for the last seven years and had constant pain which really get us worried, especially in her knees, the only treatment for this ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is natural organic treatments honestly ,Multivitamin Herbal Care has the perfect herbal remedy to Motor Neuron Disease including,getting into bed was also another thing she finds impossible. We had to find a better solution for her condition which has really helped her a lot,The biggest help we had was multivitamincare .org today  (or SMS): +1 -956- 758-7882. They walked us through the proper steps, I highly recommend these herbs to anyone suffering from ALS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come from a Pacific Island nation called Papua New Guinea. My country shares borders with Indonesia, Australia and Solomon Islands..I usual search on Youtube any interesting documentaries. Whilst looking up youtube videos I came across a documentary on people who suffer ALS and their real treatment from http://www.multivitamincare.org. I for had never heard of this crippling and debilitating disease affecting a lot of Americans. It is very torturous to watch and hear patients who suffer. It is more like a combination of various diseases all put into one. Like a person who has suffered a stroke, plus someone suddenly becoming paralysed, cancer etc. but I also get to know understand that there has been successful cure to this disease from multivitamin care. It is too much for a patient to endure such as they slowly begin to pass away if the right medication is not taken .Having a positive mind is a powerful tool .My prayers goes out to ALS patients and their care givers.

    ReplyDelete